Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
just in case Rufus was talking about Hilary Clinton......

In 1969 she was the first student commencement speaker at Wellesley. She later graduated from Yale Law School and became the first female partner at Rose Law Firm. During that time she was twice listed among the top 100 lawyers in this country.

Her time as first Lady is well known. She was elected to the Senate in 2000. She was the first viable woman candidate for POTUS. Obama selected her as his Secretary of State.

Hilary ain't no slouch in the brains department.

Palin on the other hand could not think her way out of a paper bag.
She sure as hell isn't! And taken some horrible abuse from the media and the right wing-nut wagon of crazies! The woman has worked on behalf of so many for damn long time. She has earned the respect of many on both sides of the political isle for the simply fact that she gets things done!

A friend and I were talking the other day about the days of true legislators in Congress and how presidents such as LBJ knew how to legislate! Agree or disagree with legislation, but, todays deadlocked Congress is not representative of the Democratic process of the US and is a disgrace! It also represents how we absolutely need to change political campaign funding! Public funding must be adopted or we can kiss any semblance of a democratic republic goodbye!

Hilary Clinton has made her own strides very much appart from Bill. She is bright, articulate and loyal and a true diplomat and stateswoman. Have I always agreed with her? No. But she does not sit on her ass or rest on her laurels. And I respect this. Palin is just not an intelligent person. Frankly, there are some GOP women that I could support (albeit, very moderate)... but they know their history, the Constitution and what legislation is all about.

Side note- I was happy that Rachael Maddow closed her week’s programming summing up what Obama has indeed, accomplished. And under the political web of NO via the GOP. Not bad, really. Not all that I wanted and a few things I didn’t, but, I will give credit where due. Especially since we do not have the kind of guts in our elected officials that we did in many past leaders that actually knew how to legislate and make decisions.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote