Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,783 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I think I was fortunate to have the upbringing I did. I had a foot firmly planted in two very different worlds.

First, there was my father's side of the family -- professional, solidly upper middle class (even called "rich" in our little town). I always like to say this is where I learned my table manners -- which fork to use when and all that.

Then there was my mother's side of the family -- loud, boisterious Polish-Catholics. Always a party. I like to say this is where I learned to respect women because Grandma was the center of the family, and the wives, moms and aunts were always upheld and respected. I like to say this is where I learned respect, especially for women.

I'm comfortable anywhere...at a fancy restaurant or at someone's kitchen table being served hot dogs and tater tots. Yet, when I am at some fancy event, you're likely to find me talking more to the hired help, and not my fellow partygoers.

My whole life is a study in dichotomy, but in this respect, I find it beneficial. I think my life is a good mix of the two.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post: