christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

I have long believed we are more humane to our pets than we are to humans.

I remember watching my grandfather suffer, in pain and fear, for three months before he died. I was twelve years old, but I remember asking my father, "Why can't they just put him to sleep like we did Lady (an elderly dog we had to have put down during this time)?" His response was, "We just don't do that, punkin." I remember thinking that it didn't make sense to me that we didn't want Lady to suffer, but GrandDaddy had to.

Jess and I both have advance directives in place. I don't want Jess or my family to have to make an end of life decision nor do I want them to watch needless suffering.

Its been difficult for me to balance my deep-seated religious upbringing with God being the one to end life with what seems more logical and reasonable. In as much as I would like to believe in miracles, I don't want a needless, painful, fearful end just in case that miracle isn't on the list for me.

I would like to see euthanasia as a legal option rather than just a DNR. I think that a DNR is just not sufficient in that you are waiting for something to happen such as cardiac arrest. What if it doesn't?

I have often said that if I were diagnosed as terminal, I would have to consider terminating my own life. It would be on my terms - my choice since there isn't a medical euthanasia option.

I also think this is a very personal decision and that I don't have the right to judge/decide what is best for someone else.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post: