WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonne-maman View Post
I love it when Tmen go to lesbian-focused events and bravely and politely assert their right to be there.
This brought a smile to my face... I was the president of a lesbian group and my last function was a Christmas party with 30 or so lesbians... My trans man came and stood beside me showing his right to be there. He didnt quite want to be there... but he did it for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I am a femme, a lesbian and I love other humans.

I happen to be in love with and married to a trans man, but not because he is a transman. It just happened that the human I fell for is a transman.

It's hard for me to couch an answer in what it is I love about a specific label, because no two transpeople that I know are exactly the same.

I will say that I appreciate it when a trans person wants to keep their Queer/Butch/Femme/Whatever roots and remain a part of the community.

I don't want to lose all the history and amazing people we have because they chose to transition, and I am incredibly grateful when people do not leave the community because of transition.

I know it's not easy sometimes.

I am also grateful when others make room for each other and change is accepted. Again, it's not always easy, but the pay off is immense.
I hear what you are saying SF... I wasnt looking to fall in love with a trans man... But I fell head over heels with him... because he is loving, caring gentle, fierce, demanding, giving, protective.... everything I could ever want... I love him for who "he" is... I couldnt imagine life any different...

And I am too am glad when others make room for each other...

Great post...

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post: