View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #27
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
All right SPA. I am single.

bonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post
I am a transman and try to except people for who and what they are, not by what or who they identify as or with. That being said

I love my godmother, who is a lesbian of a generation before mine.. She doesn't really get the trans thing and a couple of years ago, tried to talk me out of it and warned me that i was making a mistake.. Now, she is trying to understand and even asks me questions and is trying *really* hard to not call me by my birth name.

I admire her because she was in the Army in the 70's, later was captain in a police force in a semi-rural town on the coast of NC. I admire her struggles and her kindness. She was beside my mom and dad when I was born and helped choose my birth name with my dad. I love her history and the fact that she is still growing, just as I am.

That is some powerful stuff for me. She helped me when I came out as a lesbian.. Drove 6 hours to take me out to talk when my poor mom was freaking out. She isn't perfect, no one is, but she is the best human being she can be. That is what matters to me. She also happens to be a Lesbian.

-Tony
Tender Tony, How wonderful to have a lesbian grandmother. Thank you.
bonne-maman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonne-maman For This Useful Post: