How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,945 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

I think some of you are mixing up euthanasia with assisted suicide. I believe in assisted suicide, though it is a concept that I regard with extreme sadness.

Euthanasia is the ending of life by someone other than the person whose life is being ended, with or without their permission. This I do not support. I am handicapped following polio at age three. I walked on crutches for many years and have used a scooter for full time mobility for over ten years. What if (or when will) someone decide that there is no quality of life left for me? I value my life. I consider it to have a wonderful flavor and quality. But a sky diver or a snow skier might consider my life to be of a low quality.Yet wWho is able to decide for another what is quality?

For an individual who chooses to end their own life, I feel that is their choice (though I personally hate suicide) For someone else to choose to end another's life, for me that is not OK.
Smooches,
Keri
PS I don't believe in euthanasia for animals either. If there are lessons to be learned in a particular lifetime, then let me (and others, if they wish) learn ALL those lessons. Maybe the lesson I didn't learn last lifetime related to my death itself.
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote