View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #55
Damara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girl
Relationship Status:
hopelessly in love

Damara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond reputeDamara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
The public outrage seems to be having some effect but her plight is still uncertain. I hope all that read this will take a minute to sign the petition.

Quote:
Yesterday late in the afternoon Iran’s government denied reports that Ashtiani will be executed by stoning, though her death sentence may still be carried out by some other method, likely hanging.
Stoning commuted for Iranian woman, or was it?

Quote:
Tonight, Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani, a 43-year-old mother of two, sits in an Iranian prison uncertain of her fate.

Early today, the Iranian embassy in London seemed to spare her, saying in a statement, “According to the judicial authorities…she will not be executed by stoning”.

But tonight her lawyer in Tehran told us he’s far from convinced

“The statement is not from the judiciary and is ambiguous,” Mohammad Mostafaei said by telephone, “I’m worried she could still be stoned at any minute.”
He added that even if her sentence was commuted, he’s not sure what happens next.
“As it stands, I’m not sure what’s going to happen to her. Will she be released? Executed by another means?” Mostafaei said.
Sakineh’s alleged crime is adultery, a charge she and her family vehemently deny.
Damara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Damara For This Useful Post: