View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Turino

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Relationship Status:
available

Turino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST Reputation
Default What do you do to support yourself?

This is a thread to discuss what you do to take care of your basic needs..food, clothing, shelter and maybe a few extras

This is not just for those who work at a regular job or own a business with cash as the incentive, but it is also for those who survive on bartering services, government assistance, familial or friend assistance or any number of means of support.

Let's put it out there .

Currently, I am an underearning real estate broker and an unemployed merchant seaman. I have been banging on doors for three years now and am still hitting brick walls. I have applied to so many jobs that are beneath my skill set and not called on any of them. I am trying to keep my real estate brokerage afloat....the advertising, web and other costs are very high. I have cut it to the bare minimum. I am barely scraping by and look forward to the day that this recession is in my rear view mirror.

I believe the thing that will get me out is a good job on a ship...or back to the old world standby..a government job with benefits. Luckily I have healthcare insurance...

I trade services for chiropractic/acupuncture care. I do any number of tasks to get extra things that I need. I sell on craigslist and beginning to use ebay.

It has changed my outlook on life....that will be for another thread.

How is everyone else doing it?