View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #34
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,124 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I also want to give a shout out to June: Who has a special way of letting me know that I am just like everyone else here and must act accordingly. She either mocks me or tells me to get a job. Which I love. For some strange reason it makes me feel secure to know that I am as susceptible to the stink eye as the next person.

edit: as a fine example of brain injury i'd like to confess that I first posted this in the wrong thread. the misogyny/sexism thread. which i am sure made people think: wtf?

THEN I freaked out when it wasn't here, and was sure June deleted it because she found me a job.
ok first, this made me giggle.

Seriously though, i agree completely that when i am treated like everyone else, i really, really appreciate that and i admit that i immediately respect the person more because of it. It's like they are letting me know that no, i'm not special (well...not in that way anyway ), and that they respect me enough to treat me fairly, on the same level as "normal" people.

i've had people be afraid to touch my left arm/hand. Depending on my mood, that either hurts or pisses me off.

OH!! and another thing!! i soooooo much prefer it when people who have questions ask me, not the people who know me! Ask away!! i would love to educate you a little!!