Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
My first thought was "how is a nose piercing any less clean/healed than an ear piercing"?

There is a strata. And it's stupid. Sorry Sassy. I hear that it's your gut reaction and I'm not trying to jump down your throat for it.

My feeling on the notion is as follows and this is from someone who's both been there and done that:

I no longer care to work for any company who places value judgements about their employees or potential employees based on physical appearance.

Know why? Cause it doesn't stop at tattoos and piercings.

It doesn't stop at fat
It doesn't stop at fey appearing
It doesn't stop at butch appearing
It doesn't stop at balding
It doesn't stop at short
It doesn't stop at women
It doesn't stop at latino/a
It doesn't stop at black
It doesn't stop.
Thankfully I know you well enough to know you are not jumping down my throat . And I get your point.

I'm still trying to figure out where my feelings on this stem from...because I also have feelings about general appearance in the workplace, not necessarily related to tattoos and piercings. Like, we have a woman here who, despite consistent reminders about the company policy, wears flip flops to work (the cheap kind you buy at Old Navy for $2- which I also own but do not wear to work...) I personally think it is unprofessional, given the kind of work she does...