Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

Vatican: Ordination Of Women A 'Grave Crime'

/snip

One new element included lists the attempted ordination of women as a "grave crime" subject to the same set of procedures and punishments meted out for sex abuse.

That drew immediate criticism from women's ordination groups, who said making a moral equivalent between women priests and child rapists was offensive.
Yeppers, offensive! Straight from centuries of patriarchy in the Catholic Church. Sometimes, it is really hard for me as an ex-Catholic to see this stuff. There were some good things in my life as such, but, this is so ugly!! There are times that I will go to a Mass, usually something like an outdoor service at the grotto in Portland or Yosemite, maybe at a Newman Center parish. There are still rituals that can give me some peace (if I leave the garbage behind). But, then I see things like this and all of the child sexual abuse cases and priests just being transferred along with women not being able to be ordained priests, and I go bonkers. Just bonkers!! It is hard to be someone that seeks spiritual grace in a world like this!! No matter what one does to find some kind of sane spiritual path!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: