View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #76
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
My dog has some issues as well with anxiety, I keep her busy with toys, etc and it does help.

And I started taking her places with me, to get her more social and when she is around other dogs her anxiety ceases a lil.

I have noticed most of the small breeds have serious anxiety issues
Seperation anxiety is common in abandoned dogs. You can watch a dog in a pound slowly lose it's spirit..they call it shelter shock. The longer they stay the worse it can be. I found my dog on petfinder and watched her the month before I closed on my house, by the time I got to the pound to get her she had lost her spirit and was set to be euthanized.

I love dogs and knew my house would not be a home without one. As soon as everything was moved in and put away I went to meet her...she broke my heart, when I went to take her back to her kennel she took her lead and sat down on it and wouldn't budge.

When I put her in the front seat of my truck for the ride home she glowed...she acted so proud and knew she was home. I was suprised I adopted her, she was a pit, lab mix and I know I'm not the best alpha dog. I have some fears of pits after one attacked my house. My Sadie dog taught me alot...
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post: