View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #79
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
kimbo, yes. Daz, the dobe could not make eye contact for quite some time after being in the shelter.

yellow

now, this shelter is a horrible animal control facility. the dogs are routinely sprayed with water and chemicals instead of being moved out of their runs. there is no excuse for this. i will not go into further details, because i am waiting for the day to post some good news in the name of change at this particular animal control shelter.

i have made entries in this thread about my work on a committee of the humane society. the humane society does not wish to "run" the animal control shelter. the humane society, my committee, and many other people within the community [who have written compelling letters about the "culture of the animal control shelter" in this county] only want the animals to be respected, and yes, hopefully all of them go to forever homes.

the issue is when the county commissioners are the legislative and policy making body of county government the animal control must answer to- and the commissioners do nothing about complaints. hence, al of our involvement - when it really should be the job of the county commissioners to listen to the taxpayers who pay for animal control services- including the "humane" treatment of animals at the shelter.

i'm going to add another post so this does not get timed out.
Belle,

Here in Houston, BARC has had the "not wanting to run their shelter issue" and most of the animals there were sick and some died.
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote