Old 08-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #44
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
In my head, it breaks down like this:
  • Lesbians portrayed as unattractive stereotypes
  • Lesbians portrayed as desperate for sex
  • Lesbians portrayed as sexual predators
  • Lesbians portrayed as only being able to obtain sex from the drunkenly impaired

And then:
  • Young women being treated as sexual playthings
  • Young women being preyed upon
  • Young women "deserving" what they get because they got drunk
  • Young women being coerced (forced) and being mocked for it

I understand satire. I do. And irony and sarcasm as well. The video reeks to me of unbridled sexism, misogyny, agism and has an unhealthy undercurrent of "She asked for it" and "She deserves what she gets".

Oddly, and probably because I'm a mother, the portrayal of the young women bothered me a little bit more. Because, while I do not have a daughter, I really believe that STILL we often do not raise our women to value themselves and know their worth in this world beyond being playthings and fucktoys. If you want to be a plaything or a fucktoy, fine, but be in control of it and choose that role, don't default to it or have it chosen for you.
That's a good point about the college girls. They are portrayed as fucktoys. They are drunk and to be fucked by whomever (even older lesbians). That's actually probably the most misogynist thing in the whole video- more so than than the lesbian stereotypes.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: