View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #82
Emmy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Emmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST Reputation

I've just started a fitness 'bootcamp' class at my school gym. Though the physical pain involved is bearable (even sorta fun, in a twisted sort of way), the psychological component is kinda rough. Several of my classmates could no doubt themselves be fitness instructors/ swimsuit models -one of the perils of living in southern California, I guess- and I just feel so very bad at this whole business.

The relay part of the class, where each crab walk, do these crouchy-jumpy things, walking pushups, etc. up and down a short track, is the worst; the fit people in the class, long finished, chat and take water breaks, all the while looking reasonably composed, while I stream sweat and make pathetic noises, hauling myself along. Ach. Like a flashback to middle school. Well, when I wasn't hiding out somewhere or pretending to have cramps...

But, it's all for the good, I think. Being conspicuously bad at something -and learning not to care- can be good for the character, I think. And the exercise really does feel pretty good.
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote