imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

hey Met

My partner identifies as gender fluid or has having more than one gender. I strongly ID this way as well. The difference is that both of her genders are masculine orientated: butch woman, and... there is no name she can give the other gender, nor classification. Mine ... both are feminine, one is femme - which has no determined sex associated with it and is rather... masculine feminine, and I wish I could articulate it better. and the other is woman.

For me, it's much like two train tracks that run parallel and occasionally share the same track and then cross over and run parallel again. They are definitely distinct.

for my partner, her genders occationally clash with each other, purely from one being associated with her female body (butch woman) and the other doesn't really match.

I also understand this as I also often occupy gender neutral in my head and when that occurs, my body doesn't make much sense and it's a pain in the ass. However, it can be confusing for me as my gender neutral space is a "respite" place and can be a bit dissociative, body wise as it's sexless.

my partners body causes her self-confusion when she inhabits one of her genders, whereas my body just fucks me off for "misbehaving" (not being sexless, smooth, slender and without curves).

Sometimes I think it's just "headspace" and sometimes I feel it's a completely gender valid way to be. I tend not to examine it too much as doing so really just gives me existential angst and I've had too much of that in my life already. I is who I is, my partner gets me, I get her, it's of no importance to my friends or family and I usually have no urge to discuss it with anyone anyway as it's near impossible to articulate in any meaningful way. there doesn't really seem to be any words to describe it properly that doesn't "miss the mark." None in English anyway.

It's sort of like trying to describe my version of "god" (which isn't god as I'm by all functional descriptors an atheist but that isn't completely correct but the wonder of the universe described by all the atheists I know describes exactly what I mean by "god" and most of them get my metaphor if they aren't being dogmatic). Trying to describe it only lessens the understanding because of shitty language.

So, I just "be" in it.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: