Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,650 Times in 3,988 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Metro, I think you hit on something in this statement. In my real time, when I bring up the labels we speak of here on BFP, I have had to explain the nuances of gender ID and degrees of Butch and Femme, TG and Trans to people who dont frequent these sites. They are usually overwhelmed by the labels I pull out of thin air like magic. I have to remember that not every person in our communities, are walking around defining themselves. For most, the process of coming out is all they worked through. The rest, like you say, becomes natural, simple and unproblematic for them after that. Self acceptance. Its here in a cerebral zone that we can look at ourselves and others and go WOW....look at the prism! Its when we try to name the colors beyond ROYGBIV that makes it complicated but...BUT....we are complicated in our simplicity, against a culture that makes no room for our identities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis View Post
Anyway it's quite natural, simple and unproblematic for me in r/l- though admittedly it's caused a bit of a roller coaster ride here (BF spaces), probably needless to say but navigating in a sea of labels and identities has kind of (meaning really) kicked my ass because they're more static than I can ever ever could be in reality. But what can you do... hindsight's 20/20 unfortunately...

Metro

*Not as in physically "pretty" but as in a more queered term
**I didn't think I was a boy... but... well it's complicated don't ask
HB...the picture that comes to mind is Sally on the old tv show 3rd Rock From The Sun. She was a ungendered alien inhabiting a gendered earth body...female. And she would look at her body at times and be amazed at it. LOL...it was a delightful little comedy that explored the basics of human nature. It brought gender concepts to the mainstream American pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
lol you sound pretty similar to inki, cept she has larger boobs and a 50's Glam Model type figure - tall blonde hour glass. So when she's not inhabiting the genr that is totally aligned with it, she looks at her body in the mirror and says "jesus look at that. fuckin hot. But I'm not really there as me. why is this mine?" then she winds up perving over her own boobs. lol it's like a guy somehow gets in there and goes "phwar look at - hey it's mine????!?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: