Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

For anybody not familiar with the podcasting world, basically the way to get podcasts (the way I get them anyway) is to search for them within the itunes application by going to the itunes store and searching. Most podcasts are free. You can download a single podcast and/or subscribe to receive the latest podcasts as they are uploaded. There are other ways to get podcasts, but that's how I do it.

I'm weeding through my podcasts at the moment, but I thought I'd write some down here. I'm a great fan of podcasts and so I feel like sharing.

Some neat podcasts:

APM: A Prairie Home Companion's News from Lake Wobegon
APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac
APM: Speaking of Faith with Krista Tippett (this show is changing names soon)
Barnard Center for Research on Women (it appears this one is not being updated anymore, but there are some great podcasts from over the past few years)
Big Gay News
BTR: ADHD Coach Talk
Career Tools (this is an awesome podcast whether or not you're a business person - they discuss all types of stuff from how to behave on an airplane to how to give a good handshake - I find it interesting as a person who was basically raised in a cave)
Celtic Myth Podshow
Coming Out from Behind the Badge (this is also very interesting and very relevant for anybody who may work in a homophobic work environment or who may want a better understanding of cop culture)
Dishing Up Nutrition
The Elllen Degeneres Show in a Minute (more like 3 minutes)
Everyday Ethics
Fully Engaged Feminism
Introduction to Philosophy - Philosophy 100
The Joy of Organizing
jungian's Podcast
The Language of Tarot
Meditation Oasis
The Moonlit Road (great ghost story podcast)
MSNBC Rachel Maddow (audio)
NPR Car Talk Podcast (this always puts me in a better mood when I'm grumpy)
Open Society Institute Podcast
Philosophy Bites
Poetry Lectures
Poetry Off the Shelf
Taking a Closer Look at Adult ADHD
TarotByArwen
The Tolkien Professor
Zencast
2 Homos - Lesbian Podcast

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post: