Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Hey AJ!

I was glad to see you start this thread! A lot of these themes have been circling in my head of late. I, too, was raised in a Southern Baptist environment and this time of year always brings up memories for me of being taught that Christmas was a "Christian" holiday, having discussions with my mom about how "Santa Claus" worked for God, and seeing (in my own child's mind) greed and sloth take over in some areas of my family.

I am also a non-theist at this point in my life and incorporate Buddhist principals into my way of being to feel balanced. I feel more peaceful in my life without the presence of a "God" than I ever did while attending church. I often speak of things that the "universe" provides but I think that for me, when I think of the "universe" it is less about an entity and more about all of those forces of electicity that we create as human beings.

My path of late has brought me back around to wanting to expand my knowledge and thinking about the Quantum. I came across this book on amazon: "Quantum Enigma: Physics Encounters Consciousness by Bruce Rosenblum" and thought I might give it a read. Do you have any recommendations for interesting reads?

I love how you characterize a "world view" without supernatural considerations. Can you talk more about what that looks like to you?

Great thread!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: