Old 08-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #12
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Richmond isnt that far but he is only 14 and doesnt drive. Theres not much up that way. isnt Harrisonburg up that way?

maybe contact one of these people by email and ask if there are any teen support groups and resources.

http://therapists.psychologytoday.co...ate=VA&spec=11
Harrisonburg is actually further south. Think, between Charlottesville and Roanoke. I would actually think if ROSMY can't send her in the right direction, then perhaps checking in with HRC in DC or some of the larger groups that do outreach. I know the Richmond group has been pretty well established and does all sorts of outreach in smaller areas.

I would actually be surprised if "something" isn't forming in the Manasses area. It is basically a suburb of DC now, as so many folks who live there commute to DC or the NOVA area.

Glad the kiddo isn't down in our neck of the woods, as things here are still very tentative for sexual minority youth. Although, it does seem a hella lot more tolerant than it was when we were young.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote