Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

There is no need to apologize, however thank you. Your response is much appreciated.

I can be an exacting human being and I am terribly protective about any kind of clinical research or survey.

You used the terms 'respondent/human subject'. One of the things we fought for during my time as a health care activist was to never see the term 'human subject'. The term is dehumanizing. Folks who participant are not subjects, they are volunteers. I am glad to see that the term subject was not used in your IFC document. All the IFC documents I wrote or reviewed had to use the term participant or volunteer....never human subject. It is unfortunate that message seems to have never made it out of HIV/AIDS research.

I don't know if you are familiar with the Gay & Lesbian Medical Association (www.glma.org). They have a project called the Lesbian Health Fund that gives grants to folks who want to research lesbian health.

Again, thanks for your response and I wish you the best of luck in your dissertation. Hopefully, defending your dissertation will be a little easier based on the input of folks from this site.

edited to add: heated debate is a good thing......
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote