How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
WOW!

I wish I had done a better job with my OP because this does get to some of the things I was trying too.

Yes! There are many, many, many of us here that are gender variant, unconventional, blended, fluid, etc. that are not transgendered. That IS NOT any kind of negative slam about those that are. I feel that the site (and other B-F sites) generally view gender theory and variance only in terms butches, masculinity and male, transitional surgeries and/or hormone treatment, etc. without considering just how far gender has expanded and is experienced. I also hope that more is discussed about intergendered/sexed and transwomen eventually.

I use butch for myself and female-identified, but, have found work describing blended genders to be more fitting for myself. I also, at times have felt that just because I use blended female person which is more bi-gendered, yet, female- http://www.iiav.nl/ezines/web/IJT/97...jtc0102.htm#An individually-based gender continuum), I am thrown into the lumping of transmen or transmasculine, or male (talking about on and off-line experiences). It is frustrating because it feels like even more boxes are being built to contain gender variations.

Maybe I am far too naive to continue to belive in Free to Be You and Me...
i love this post and that song.

NOW I understand what you want to discuss.

I'm a gender fluid mix of a plethora of energies on any given day. It feels constricting to me that all roads lead back to Male/Female when it's the side streets that I live on.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post: