Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Obama back on stride? Prelude to 2012, or just for Mid-Terms?

The fact is that the Democrats as well as the President seem to be in trouble right now. Recently, Obama has been delivering speeches that sound like the guy that ran in 2008 to me. No, I do not agree with everything he does or believes, however, I am not just a little miffed at the falling off of those that elected him during this very difficult time. He's been in office for less than 2 years and taken on issues and policies that most presidents wouldn't touch. he also has been treated exactly like a dog as he stated yesterday by Republicans and Tea Baggers. And, I do believe that much of this has to do with racist attitudes and white privilege.

I have felt good with his recent remarks pointing to the GOP as the major force hurting the recovery in the Us as well as contributing to a culture of hate concerning POC in the US. My hope is that he is just not doing this for the mid-term elections, but this is what we will see more of. Frankly, the economy will most likely be what makes or breaks his re-election. And I honestly see positive movement with many of the policies his administration has fought for. No, it isn't enough, fast enough. But, this administration's changes haven't had enough time (take health care reforms) for people (including small business) to see that in they will work.

Feel free to post during this election cycle and beyond about Obama and his administration. Do you think he is just getting into election mode, or has he finally seen the light with the GOP in terms of joining together for the good of the entire country? So, this is also a thread to discuss regional mid-term candidates as these races relate to Obama and how areas across the country do see his administration. The thread can develop as posters want.....

Here is a link to the Huff Post with an article about this that has several excerpts from Obama’s recent speech.

Obama's Bipartisan Obsession (Finally) Ends

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-..._b_709880.html
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote