Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Hey all!

I'm not diabetic - but there is a history of it in my family. I am Ojibwe, both my parents were diabetic, a brother is diabetic, a sister is pre-diabetic. I think both sets of grandparents were - I know a lot of my aunts and uncles were.
There is also a history of heart problems on my mother's side of the family.

I'm not very good about watching what I eat or exercising consistently. Oddly enough - when I was working I was more diligent about exercising - my weight got down to about 210 lbs. But now that I'm unemployed it seems I find other stuff to do to keep myself busy - and my weight has shot back up.

I live with my pre-diabetic sister. Lately I've been trying to cook more healthy meals for us: soups, salads, more veggies, not as much red meat. We've both noticed that we're not as tired as we used to be. Right now she has a problem with her foot so we don't go for the long walks in the evening that we used to go on.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post: