Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,591 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
I applaud your bravery!!! Your boss should be proud of standing up for your beliefs. I hope it goes well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I think it's important to stand up to your beliefs. Unless your boss can ensure a safe and welcoming work environment for you and the clients, then it's important that they understand that this might not be a safe work environment for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I too applaud you for standing up for your personal/political beliefs....I truly hope you don't suffer any backlash from this, and maybe, just maybe your position as a direct straightforward employee with personal integrity will be the focus.
thanks ya'll....i am pretty sure it will be fine. The American Library Association was the first professional association to support GLBT rights, and the leadership at this library is very liberal, and my boss said she totally "got" why i was uncomfortable...my only concern is that if the children's librarian is asked to do it, and it comes out that i refused and why- THAT might offend the Children's director, cuz she's a Bible-thumper

But Linus mentioning the term "safe work environment" reminds me that i can use it lol- and if i don't feel safe and i say so, that will be enough

thanks again ya'll