View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #23
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedlady View Post
I was told yesterday by my therapist that I outgrew my relationship. This morning as I was reading I came across the quote below oddly enough. I hope that by me posting it here it will help someone else.

"Every woman I have ever loved has left her print upon me, where I loved some invaluable piece of myself apart from me--so different that I had to stretch and grow in order to recognize her. And in that growing we came to seperation, that place where work begins"
Audre Lorde

That is incredibly sad to me, albeit true, it hurts the heart to read. I sincerely hope it brought you peace. I obviously have some introspective work to do