Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
I guess I am rather odd when it comes to sexism, I personally do not see anything wrong with the ads for things, sex sells for alot of products and it works, people gobble up certain products simply because of what the ad has displayed.

But what about the male underwear models? Isn't that sexism too?

You do not see anything wrong with a woman in her underwear on a bed with a PSP game controller plugged into her belly telling the viewer to "dream of a better world"?

Can you not see the objectification of women in that? That women are simply sex toys to be plugged in and controlled? That a "better world" consists of controllable women who just want to be used?

It may also be sexist to show a man in his underwear but I challenge you to find one that will deliver the same message about being controlled and being an object as that particular one does.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote