View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #34
Bob

How Do You Identify?:
Jackass.

Bob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
I've never seen them here. When I turn on my TV, or flip open a magazine - or drive past a billboard - I don't see ads like these. It's usually the other way around.

And ... when you consider the number of ads like these versus ads against women - again, it's far and few in between.
With all respect, whether YOU'VE seen them is merely anecdotal and, frankly, irrelevant to the question of whether violence against men is being depicted in advertising. It's rather the same argument that many people use to say sexism doesn't exist at all, simply because they've never seen it (somehow); I've heard women say they've never experienced it.

As for quantifying the number of ads that show women in misogynistic, violent poses versus that of men, your point is taken, of course. It doesn't excuse those that depict men in similar positions, nor does it make those ads less offensive and demeaning to all people.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post: