View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #48
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Have you always known you were adopted?

Have you met your birth parents?

How did your adopted parents tell you you were adopted?

I have always known I was adopted, my parents told me as soon as I was old enough to understand what it meant. I don't remember them telling me, it seems like I have always known. I have not met my birth parents, my records are sealed. However, I did find out that in NY (where my adoption took place), one could petition the Department of Social Services for nonidentifying information. When I was pregnant with my son, I decided to try this option. What I was really looking for was any medical information they might have. That is one of my concerns with closed adoption. In this day and age of early screening and prevention for a multitude of health problems, I am at a disadvantage not knowing my medical history.

The information I received was not very helpful...but considering the age of my biological parents it was not surprising. After all, how many of us as teens think about our medical history? I did find out the ages of my bio parents, their heritage, height, weight, hair and eye color, but not much else.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post: