Old 11-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #66
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravfem View Post
Not sure about other areas & doctors, but mine wants my A1C below 7.

Keep up the great work Jo! (and give Scoote a nice bop over the head for me, would ya?)
Yes, the standard is below 7....but every doctor I've had pushes for below 6 just because...

It's incredibly hard to do, especially since I'm an emotional eater (and a mild self-harmer, but that's another story) when I'm in distress. So....difficult times....and all I want is chocolate, ice cream, chips, and anything baked. Combine that with the fact that I have an exceptionally low actual tolerance for those things as far as my body goes....and I'm in a bind.

I worry about you being over 10 rav....that's high. I hope your doctor is working with you on it....and having you work with a nutritionist as well. I live in a great deal of fear about what unchecked diabetes can do to the body, after watching my aunt die horribly at age 58 from complications.

Please, please....to all of us who are living with this disease....please love yourself enough to take care of yourself. I know it's hard. I struggle with it daily, but we really are worth taking care of.