Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #74
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
A few years ago, I was working hard to save money for a down payment on a place in Seattle. Got pre-qualified for a loan and even spent a few weekends with a realtor looking at condos. But the First Home Buyers loan I was expecting (it was a house key loan) fell through and I basically gave up. It's the primary reason I don't have a car right now--I was trying to save for the down payment and knew I wouldn't be able to afford the car after buying a place and paying for a mortgage. Anyway, my question is this and it really has nothing to do with everything I just said, but I'm random tonight and this is a special thread of real estate randomness so I'll ask anyway: my parents think it's crazy for a single person to want to own a house, but I don't want to live in a condo. I want land and a teeny tiny little house in the middle of nature. Do you think that's possible? Or just plain stupid.

cara
who is way too hyped up on sugar and is queen of run-on sentences at the moment.
If you know you're going to stay in WA for a few years, and manage to save up enough money, then ABSOLUTELY buy a house. The feeling of homeownership is a sense of pride that is not easily duplicated. You get to decorate everything like you want (as a singleton), get to plant a garden (if you have a yard or get sunboxes for your windows), have much more privacy (no more hearing your neighbors get their groove thang on!), and have more space (yanno, for crafts 'n stuff).

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: