View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #42
MizzSabra

How Do You Identify?:
N/a
Relationship Status:
N/A

MizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
I don't really think anyone is asking anyone to STOP using words and language that might be a part of their every day vocabulary per se....I think what is being asked is that you (the general you) be more conscious of those around you (again, the general you) that might be offended by certain words or phrases.

Trust me, I cuss like a sailor and then some...so cussing is not one of the things that offends me. It is the blatant name calling, i.e. using the term retard to talk about someone slow or that did something stupid, or like when I pull what I call a "Mcgyver" and fix something by an odd means...my uncle calls it "n*-rigged". I hate that kind of stuff!!

Some people can just be so inconsiderate.
In effect this becomes censorship (which I am totally against) and me having to monitor other people's feelings. Part of me feels that people have become SO politically correct that you can't say anything without offending someone.

If I find something that offends me (believe me, it takes a LOT) I just pass it by almost every single time. Why? Because it's not MY truth that's being written, it's someone else's and who am I to tell them NOT to say something? I may disagree, but they still have the right to say it.

Offensive to me: "Don't think, just sit there and be pretty." THAT is offensive to ME. And yes, I've had gfs say that to me. Abusive, yes. Offensive, yes. Did I tell them to fuck off? You bet.

MizzSabra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MizzSabra For This Useful Post: