View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #44
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSabra View Post
In effect this becomes censorship (which I am totally against) and me having to monitor other people's feelings. Part of me feels that people have become SO politically correct that you can't say anything without offending someone.

If I find something that offends me (believe me, it takes a LOT) I just pass it by almost every single time. Why? Because it's not MY truth that's being written, it's someone else's and who am I to tell them NOT to say something? I may disagree, but they still have the right to say it.

Offensive to me: "Don't think, just sit there and be pretty." THAT is offensive to ME. And yes, I've had gfs say that to me. Abusive, yes. Offensive, yes. Did I tell them to fuck off? You bet.

I totally get what you are saying Sabra, trust me I do. I guess the way I put it didn't come across how I wanted it to. The second paragraph of what I wrote should have been tied in with the first one. (I know what I am trying to say, but can't seem to word it the best way when typing. )
I would more consider it like a common courtesy (not saying that you have none of that, so please don't take it that way) to not use certain terms around certain people when say, standing around in a group of friends. Like if I was talking to my friends, and one of which is Jewish, I would not say something like "man, I really jewed that guy down on the price of that car". They would be mortified. (as would I, because that is not terminology I personally use...but am using it as an example here).

I get that you see it as censorship, but I guess I see it differently. It's all good.

And trust me, I am one of the least PC people around sometimes.