Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

For me, it is more about self-censorship. G's example was a good one.

It's also about knowing your audience. The C word offends some and not others. It's not a word I'm going to use in church(not that I'm Christian even) but I am not going to set out to intentionally offend.

If I know someone doesn't like something (like say...Wal-Mart) then I will self-censor myself to avoid that word.

There are terms that set me off internally. I may not address them with the person ( working on that ability), but I will mark them on my internal list.

So, for me, self-censorship and respecting those I care about is more important than just speaking my mind and saying whatever I want.

I am not saying that is what others ARE doing. I am saying that is what I am not doing.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post: