View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #47
MizzSabra

How Do You Identify?:
N/a
Relationship Status:
N/A

MizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
For me, it is more about self-censorship. G's example was a good one.

It's also about knowing your audience. The C word offends some and not others. It's not a word I'm going to use in church(not that I'm Christian even) but I am not going to set out to intentionally offend.

If I know someone doesn't like something (like say...Wal-Mart) then I will self-censor myself to avoid that word.

There are terms that set me off internally. I may not address them with the person ( working on that ability), but I will mark them on my internal list.

So, for me, self-censorship and respecting those I care about is more important than just speaking my mind and saying whatever I want.

I am not saying that is what others ARE doing. I am saying that is what I am not doing.
It is well known my hatred for Wal-Mart But people talk about it all the time and the word itself doesn't really bother me...what bothers me more is that people support Wal-Mart and their unfair business practices and their complete takeover of towns, effectively destroying them. /end rant heh

I do respect people I care about and I can do that and still speak my mind. Would I say Jesus fucking Christ in front of my grandma? Probably not. If someone asked me "how do I look in this?" I'm not gonna lie if it looks bad. But I'm more likely to be more gentle in my delivery.

I know, I'm a big ole UN-PC pain in the ass.....but some people actually like that I am so blunt because I say things other people only wish they could say.
MizzSabra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MizzSabra For This Useful Post: