Old 11-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #54
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I realized that I never mentioned what I do for work in my previous post. I have worked in social services for over 20 years and currently am a Director for a nonprofit that helps women getting out of Domestic Violence situations through provision of shelter and supportive services. I love my job and am committed to helping the women and children.

I tried doing Corporate a few times in the past and just couldn't stomach the 'bottom line' and greed as well as the 'coldness' among the ranks, etc... so, I know that I choose this and could make more money but the 'spiritual' costs aren't worth it for me. I truly give those of you who work in Corporate America credit for doing what you do... I know it takes a lot of perseverence and great inner strength to work in that system. I also know that we need to make products and export more than we do rather than outsourcing and importing everything... I hope this country can get some of it's industry back as well as skilled labor jobs soon, but until the heads of corporations get over their greedy selves I don't foresee it happening... something has to give and unfortunately the American people have been paying the price for way too long. It's sad that we have become so apathetic.
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post: