katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Wishing you all good results, good continued results and congrats for taking the bull by the horn and getting those mammos. For all of us who have lost loved ones to this disease; my most heartfelt condolences. I also lost mom to this terrible disease but it was 28 yrs ago she was diagnosed and she lived for just three more years.

During this time since Oct. 20th, it has caused me a great deal of thinking. But the most surprising thing is that I have been greiving all over again about my mom. I know if she knew that one of her daughters was possibly facing breast cancer she would be mad as hell! I feel sad for all over again, after now tasting a tiny part of what she experienced.

I will never look at Breast Cancer lightly again and will encourage every woman and born woman I know to take good care of themselves by self examination, yearly check ups and mammo exams. I started already with my two daughters asking them to get the BRACtest. Better to know about the gene in order to make life changes now! One daughter is 41 and the other is 38; three sisters 59, 48 and the youngest 46. And two granddaughters 15 and 8.

I was surprised to learn that only about 8% of breast cancer (or some low number close to that) is hereditary. BRACtest also finds the gene for ovarian cancer which really is a silent killer!!!

Hugs and love to all on this thread!!!