Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation
Default -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I don't hate the holidays. I do hate the hustle and bustle of it all and I hate that it is so commercialized. I mean as soon as the labor day stuff comes down you start seeing Christmas stuff in the stores. As Halloween passes, then the full blown Christmas department is erected. We have a radio station in Charlotte that starts playing ONLY Christmas music on Nov 1 and that is all it plays until after Christmas.
Omg, I hate that station!!! lol ... I'd like to find their tower and kinda cripple it ya know.

I'm with you, I can't stand seeing Christmas stuff out right after Halloween, even the day after Thanksgiving, geez, let's celebrate one holiday fully and savor it a bit before rushing to the next. When I was a kid, we'd all pile onto the trailer hooked to the tractor or in the back of my Daddy's pickup and we'd go thru the woods searching for a tree, cut it down, bring it home and put it up 2 that's TWO weeks before Christmas. Hmm, maybe cuz Mama couldn't stand us being that all that hyper excited more than 2 weeks before Christmas. Do you think us asking every morning (afternoon and night) if this was the night Santa was coming had anything to do with it?
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post: