Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up PTSD and Me

Symptoms of PTSD can include:
  • Hypervigilance and scanning Yes
  • Elevated startle response Yes
  • Blunted affect, psychic numbing Yes
  • Aggressive, controlling behavior (a high degree of insistence on getting your way) I didn't realize it until it was pointed out to me, but yes
  • Interruption of memory and concentration YES!!
  • Depression Yes, another diagnosis: Major Depression
  • Generalized anxiety Yes
  • Violent eruptions of rage Very Bad!
  • Substance abuse For a while, yes
  • Intrusive recall -- different from normal memory in that it brings with it stress and anxiety Yes
  • Dissociative experiences, including dissociative flashbacks YES! You feel like you are a robot, watching a movie of yourself from afar
  • Insomnia YES! This one has been very difficult to control, I'm on medication
  • Suicidal ideation Sadly, yes, 3 attempts on my life
  • Survivor guilt Yes

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I belong to a women's sexual trauma/PTSD group and I can say that I find great support and even have made friends with many women in the group. With that in mind, I think it's great that you have started this thread, apocalipstic, thank you very much!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post: