betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I do think this list can serve as a good guide for folks but also suggest that people do their own, much deeper research about where to spend their money.
Like I was just saying to Dapper elsewhere, for sure if nothing else and at the very least it does give people a better idea of what to look for and what questions to ask.

I know for myself, I don't shop at any stores that are famous for being evil. Walmart, for example, does not get my money. In looking at this list I see that Meijer got a lower rating than Walmart did - and I buy all sorts of stuff at Meijer. The reason I started buying my soap, toothpaste, coffee, etc at Meijer is because they are not Walmart. So this list served as a good reminder to me that there -are- companies who are evil who don't enjoy (or disenjoy?) the notoriety that Walmart has.

Will I take the list at it's word? No, probably not. But it certainly has encouraged me to look into a few things a little more deeply.

And piggybacking on what I said earlier - a company courting the LGBTIQ community isn't necessarily a good enough reason to throw our support behind them. Smart companies court the Queers. In a lot of cases (especially with gay men) that's where a great deal of money can be made - so they aren't always nice to us for the right reasons. A good way to tell the difference between a company who treats us nice because it's the right thing to do and a company who treats us nice because it's the profitable thing to do - is to look at how they treat other populations.