View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
HoneyedChrysanthemum

Default my own inheritance

i am going to read more on jung and the influence of tibetan buddhism on his work. in reference to my own spiritual journey, i was lucky in not being raised as a christian. i am a hereditary pagan. we did not use the word "witch" to describe ourselves. instead we just called ourselves "folk". this was on my mother's side. traditionally the eldest daughter/grand-daughter, etc. inherited the powers of the family. we were a matriarchal family, with the women making the decisions. i am the last of this female of this family in my mother's line. as such, being the onlysurving female, i have inherited a great deal of powers, being also the eldest great-great-grandchild, as well as female. i remember learning from my aunts and great-grandmother the ways of our folk. we did not practice the magick i have read of in books, but we had our own ways. learning about jung's shadow side was fascinating to me, since he said in his own way what my grandmother taught me.
i have since added to the ways of our folk teaching from hinduism, tibetan buddhism, and taoism,as well as some native american spirituality and some of the other traditions of matriarchal goddess spirituality. mysticism is extremely important to me, as is inner alchemy. i'll have to brush up on jung, so i can contribute to this thread.

pres
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: