katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

What a great thread!!! I would never have found it except I go to Who's Online and have seen some good topics that were before my time here.

I have major depressive disorder or so the professionals say. I think it is more situational depression which is caused by physical pain that is constant. Some days are worse than others. Depression and chronic pain all too often go hand in hand.

I used to be such an achiever; high energy; very accomplished in my career, involved with family and a busy social life. Things changed in an instant and I have had to learn how to adapt. I still mourn my abilities and accomplishments of old but take one day at a time.

Somedays I get frustrated when I feel I am so behind in taking care of my home and there is no help available which makes it worse when struggling with heavy work like cutting grass, vaccuuming, cleaning the floors, etc. I wish my family was able to help me. They don't because I put on a happy face and refuse to ask for help. I did a few times and was let down.

I have ended up having to pay some men in the neighborhood to do things I can no longer do so that has made me feel somewhat better. I still can't help but be upset with family members. I was the one that always went out of my way to do things for them big time!!! So there is some resentment there as well.

I struggle with doing daily chores and have to measure out my activities and balance with rest. The last year exercise has increased endurane and lessened the pain.

For the past three years I have been off anti-depressants and feel better mentally now. They did a good job in the beginning and then their affectiveness wore off.

I hope there is a renewed interest in this subject because reading it was amazing to me.