Old 12-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Have you or someone you know been a victim of a violent crime? I have never been a victim of a violent crime. I did/do personally know folks who were victims of violent crimes.

Do you personally know someone who has been convicted of a violent crime? I know 3 people who have been convicted of capitol murder.

Do you know family members or friends of someone who was a victim or the convicted person? Yes to both

Share your stories if you like.

In the early 80's I was living in east Tennessee. I made some friends in college and spent a lot of time at their families homes. I met a lot of their local friends. We'd drink and party and play volley ball and spades and all sorts of things. One of the guys was sorta quiet and had announced that God had called him to preach. We heard him preach on several occasions and even we couldn't believe the change in him. He wouldn't even play games with us if anyone was making bets. His brothers would bet on our games. LOL One of the brothers moved down to McDonald Tn. We visited him and met his neighbors and hug out. One morning all over the news was 2 people had been murdered and their baby left crying in her crib in a trailer park in McDonald. As the story went on Ricky was arrested. He and a few of his friends had decided they wanted to borrow their brothers neighbors Trans Am and they wouldn't let them. So they killed them.

Story number two. Back in 2007 a personal friend of mine decided having a certain male companion was more important than her kids. She had lost a huge amount of weight and was getting a lot of male attention and she liked it. Her children were cramping her lifestyle, holding her back. So she locked them in their bedroom and set the house on fire and laid in a ditch outside and watched it burn. When she called 911 finally it took her several minutes into the conversation to mention that oh by the way my kids are in that house. This is a small community, I knew much of her family and her ex'es family before I ever knew her, however she hung out with us and our biking group 4 days a week for about 2 yrs.

Number 3 was a young man who was a police officer, he was convicted of stalking stopping and killing my ex brother in laws 2nd wife. This is one of my it depends cases....the case was all circumstantial no DNA evidence so no I don't believe he should have gotten the death penalty and he didn't.

The other two cases also got life sentences. Do I believe they should have gotten the death penalty. Yes I do, however in case #2 I think that mother is getting her hell on earth in prison. I'm sure they aren't very nice to women who kill their own kids and she gets to think about them every day.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: