shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Greetings from the Great State of Tennessee

Happy Christmas Eve,y'all! I was born and bred in southern Middle TN,close to the Alabama line,and although I have lived all over the US and in a couple of foreign countries fate keeps bringing me home.Not sure for how long this time but I love every minute of living in the South.I come from at least 6 generations of Indians,moonshiners,sharecroppers and horse thieves . Everyone is all about the food,and don't get me wrong I love me some Southern cooking as anyone who talks to me for more than 5 minutes will find out! But one of my favorite things about my part of the world is the literature.I can't quantify it but I would venture to guess that at least 50% of what we would call classics in fiction and some in non-fiction come from writers born in the South.The greatest playwright to ever put pen to paper,Tennessee Williams,is the grandson of a graduateof the University of the South,which my granddaddy and great-granddaddy helped build and maintain.Robert Penn Warren and Harper Lee are two of my faves.I won't go into the whole list or I will be here all day.So,any thoughts on the literature of the South?? Merry Christmas y'all! Shad

Last edited by shadows papa; 12-24-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: had my facts wrong
shadows papa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadows papa For This Useful Post: