Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,245 Times in 1,415 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I want someone who compliments my life and makes me want to grow and better myself. I don't believe in the One, the SoulMate, because it is too tempting to pass up perfectly good people because they don't fit some fairy tale picture of what that soulmate should look like. I don't believe in "love happily ever after", because life and love takes work. I also don't believe in meeting the "other half" that completes me. I complete myself. I don't want "half a person", I want a fully complete person with or without me.

Someone else mentioned that now that we live longer, there are different partners for each period of our lives. "Till death do us part" might work when we only lived until 40, but we're living a lot longer than that now. Who can say that the person we flipped for at 20 would stir us up at 50? Maybe rarely, but not much.

I think there are many possible partners we could be compatible with, and so it pays to be even more dilligent about "screening" who we go with.