Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #88
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,794 Times in 25,669 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

ohh those are good points again Gemme...
i know i definitely do not want to deprive myself..
it would throw me back into binging probably, especially if i stress something..i automatically go for food , i'm such an emotional eater, it sucks lol!! i've been doing soo great, with not binging (or purging) and so tis why doing this the healthy way (as well as smart way for ME) is important..

i should probably do something similar, rather than saying by 6pm.. especially because i LOVE to eat while watching television.. maybe i would feel like i'm depriving myself, eesh!.. i want to be realistic about what i can do.. i work til 7 most nights, and come home hungry, but i dont eat before work either.. definitely need to change things up somehow, someplace so it works better for me - will be interesting that's for sure..

as long as i'm eating light, maybe at night.. or some of the healthier snacks that you all mentionned, wont be too bad.. like you, my schedule is not the norm, my work hours are scattered each day, sometimes i'm on call, my days off change often, some i work mornings, some nights, some splits, some all day you get my drift lol!! so setting an exact schedule wouldnt be too easy to follow all the time..

*ponders this*
Thank you again!
No worries. Glad my babbling is helping.

*grin*

Our blood sugar dips every...what?....3-4 hours....so it's important not to go very long in between meals.

I can't really snack at work, so I have to eat enough at breakfast to last til lunch (7am to 1pm window) and I still get the growlies about 12:30, but there's not much I can do to change that. I eat two packages of oatmeal with raisins or cream of wheat and skim milk mixed in for both on my work days because one package just doesn't cut it. I get mad, fierce growlies at 11am if I do that.

Once I'm home, though, I make sure to not go too long between meals and/or snacking. My temper spikes much easier if I'm hungry so it's best for everyone, really.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: