View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Being a substitute is hard work; I commend you for trying. I know you don't get paid to do this, but try it if you're willing...

Get there about 45 minutes early so you have the day's plan down pat; that should keep you from feeling like you're winging it. And then stay as long as you need to get the report written up and everything organized. Don't rush out of there if you don't have to.

Again, I know you don't get paid for that extra time; but I really believe it's important to take time in the morning to *know* the day's plan and then take time at the end of the day to put it all in order........and let it go. That's important; once you walk out of that room leave what happened in there *in there*. Maybe physically shut the door to symbolize shutting out the tension of the day???

Not sure how you feel about exercise, but I bet a 10-minute jog or 20-minute vigorous walk would do wonders for releasing a lot of that stress.

I spent a lot of years in the classroom, and a lot of those years taking classes as well. I *know* how hard your days are. You definitely need to come up with some strategies to manage the stress and, most importantly, take care of *you*.

Best wishes...