moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,769 Times in 1,846 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

It all depends on what one is wishing for. And if it is a want or a need. And there are different types of needs (look at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs).

I have everything I need to meet my survival needs: food, shelter, clothing. If I had to wish for any of that, I would be wishing for it to survive.

If I wished for a blu-ray dvd player (which I do a teensy bit), it's because I want it. My materialistic self wants a fancy dvd player even though I can't notice the benefits of it because of my tv. Then I'll want an HDTV....it's just keeps going and building into the snowball rolling down the hill getting bigger and bigger.

I wish for a pseudo-family because my family disowned me. That meets my need for belonging. That is subjective though because not everyone needs the same things that I do in order to function on a healthy level and feel fulfilled.

So, I guess, what I am trying to say is that I believe what makes people wish for things are based on wants and needs. There are basic human needs and individual needs.

This makes sense to me, I don't know if it does to anyone else.