Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

My latest A1C was 4. In fact, for the last year it has remained at 4. I no longer have to prick my fingers, or follow the diabetic diet, but I do. I want to keep my blood sugar low. Being diabetic sucks. It really does. Every once in a blue moon will I allow myself to have dessert like rice pudding or a slice of cake. Everything is fruit. In sticking with this, I am pretty much off all of my diabetic meds, and am left on just 1 pill of Actos a day. And the dosage is low. I still have my 3 month blood test to follow my sugar level, but for the most part my endo. has told me that I am no longer diabetic by the truest sense of the disease.

I just got bifocals. However, I am in my late 40's. I never wore glasses before 2-3 years ago. Then my arms weren't reaching far enough away for me to read anything. I am having inserts put in my eyes for dry eye today. I have had dry eyes since I was a youngster. I just poured over the counter eye drops into my eyes to help. Now, I use the lubricating eye drops, which help a little. I don't have the gland that most people have that produce the lubrication/wash. My eye doctor told me that every time I blink it is like a vaccuum sucking out all of what is on my eye causing the dry eye. Now, after years and years of research, finally, there are these inserts that are suppose to help folks like me. And in fact, most diabetics suffer from dry eye. However, you have to ask your eye doctor if you have the gland or not. You may not be able to have this surgery.

I hope and pray that one day diabetes will have a cure. This disease really destroys one's body.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post: