Old 02-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #75
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Back from the doctor...A1c is still a solid 6.6...

She's hemming and hawing about upping my medication a little because she is pushing to get me below 6. I understand, but it's difficult to accomplish for sure.

After a bit of back and forth she gave me that look and said..."I'm not changing your meds this time, but I want you to start to really watch your carbs closely again. Cut down on all of it...bread, potatoes, corn, nothing baked....you know how to do this."

Truth is...I do know how to do this. I just hate doing it.

It's kind of what I was saying in the deadly sin thread....this pushes all my envy buttons. Why can other people eat candy and cookies and ice cream and I can't?

I know what works for me...throw the sugar and the potato chips and the white flour anything in the garbage. Don't eat bread. Don't eat starchy veggies. Live on lean meat and vegetables and non-fat dairy products. If I must have a "sandwich", put it on a single whole wheat tortilla and wrap that sucker.

Yep, I know how to do this. Grrrrrrrrr......